Best two way radio for factories in 2017
It can be confusing when looking for handheld two way radio equipment for your factory.
Fortunately we regularly supply factories with two way radios, and therefore are able to offer our recommendation.
Analogue or Digital?
Analogue radios such as the Icom shown below (bottom of article) are a great option for the economy minded business, however the cost of digital radios has come down dramatically in recent years.
For a ‘light manufacturing’ factory, where the radios will mainly be kept indoors, and not subject to excessive moisture & dust, we recommend the Hytera PD405 digital radio.
For use in tougher factory environments we recommend the Hytera PD705 radios.
The PD705 can be dropped in water, and still work. It is a popular radio for radio hire fleets, as they can take abuse, and remain reliable.
For economy, the older analogue technology is still good. An example of an analogue radio is the Icom IC F3002 shown below.
IC-F3002 & IC-F4002 VHF AND UHF Analogue TRANSCEIVERS
Low cost, entry level hand-portable radios. Perfect for communicating between your factory office and the factory floor.
The series, divided into the IC-F3002 (16 channel) for VHF and IC-F4002 (16 channel) for UHF, offer simple operation, high performance and strong commercial build at a very low cost. This makes these new radios ideal for a wide range of business and industry sectors that are searching for a simple yet dependable communication solution.
- Simple operation for instant communication
- 800mW (typical) loud and intelligible audio with BTL amplifier and large 45mm speaker
- IP54 and MIL-STD-810 rugged body
- Low consumption current for longer operating time
- CTCSS/DTCS tone encoder/decoder built-in
- 5-Tone encoder/decoder built-in
- Internal VOX function (Optional headset and adapter cable required.)
- Weather resistant, dust protection, military rugged
- Scan features
- Lone worker function
- 2 Year Warranty on Transceiver