The IOT fundamental concepts training course will introduce you an overview of IOT.
IOT, which is short for the Internet of Things, is rapidly expanding, with 20 billion devices expected to be connected by 2020.
With this expansion of IOT, there are concerns over data security, with the fear of hacking data, which could have GDPR implications.
Interoperability of connected system is also a concern, and managers within organisations need to be able to understand the impact and issues created by IOT.
This course provides an overview of IoT technologies, including sensors, gateways, and cloud technologies.
It will look at each of the input-process-output elements that compose the IOT ecosystem.
This will allow you to be able to identify the main IoT system components and understand how they interact.
You will also learn about an overview of the interoperability challenges, potential cybersecurity threats and where IoT can provide the greatest benefits to organisations.
Target Audience: Non technical managers & those with an interest in the Internet of Things (IOT).
Prerequisites: A basic understanding of IT.
Learning Objectives by completion of course:-
- Understanding of the definition of IoT
- Be able to Identify the different elements present at the IoT framework
- Recognize the key technologies which make up the IoT world
- Understand the main cybersecurity implications affecting IoT
- Recognise the importance of interoperability in IoT
- Consider potential implications of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on IoT
Benefits of attending the course.
This course will help you to better:
- Identify the main components that make up an IoT system, and the interactions between them
- Be able to understand & address basic technical questions on IoT
- Recognize cybersecurity issues that potentially affect IoT
- Gain an insight into standards interoperability challenges present in IoT
- Be able to identify the main IoT system components, and the interactions between them
Included with the course:-
- Course notes
- Relevant links to information allowing further research
- On completion, you will receive a certificate of completion.
For more information about the the IOT Fundamental Concepts Training Course, get in touch.