Why Attend this Wireless RF Radio Frequency Communications course?
Radio Frequency Wireless communication is a key part of our lives today, and is continuing to increase in impact. Core knowledge in the fundamentals of Radio Frequency communications course will empower & equip you to:
- Understand the essentials of wireless technology, including wireless networks & systems.
- Appreciate the capabilities of different wireless technologies: what they can deliver, and also their limitations.
- Equip yourself with the language and key terminology of wireless systems.
- Increase your confidence in understanding wireless product descriptions and specifications.
- Appreciate technology specific operational limitations of wireless systems, and why those limitations exist.
Who should attend this RF course
- Anyone who needs to understand the basics of Radio Frequency communications and wireless systems.
- People who are new to RF communications, but who want to attend more advanced wireless courses.
- This course serves as a primer for further training or study in Wireless systems and RF communications.
- The course is particularly aimed at management and key decision makers, who need a broad understanding of wireless technologies.
RF Communications Training Course Objectives:
By completing this radio frequency communications course, you will be gain the following knowledge:
- Understand the radio spectrum, what it is, and why it is such a scarce resource.
- Be aware of radio channels & bandwidth, their use and the impact of Shannon’s Law.
- Appreciate the theory behind the deciBel and related dB quantities, and why they are used.
- Understand about radio signal propagation, and issues that can result.
- Appreciation of types of modulation and the different modulation schemes.
- Understand the role of Forward Error Correction.
- Overview of Terrestrial & Satellite based Wireless systems, networks and technologies.
RF Systems Training Course Content
Radio Waves and Channels
- What are radio waves?
- The Electromagnetic Spectrum
- Controlling radio use, the role of the regulator
- Radio bandwidth and channels
Noise and Interference
- Signal to Noise Ratio
- The Cornerstone of All Data Communications: Shannon’s Law
- The Thermal Noise all Around Us
- Man-made Noise
- Impact of Rainfall
The Language of RF
- DeciBels, dB, dBm, dBw, dBi, AM,FM,dPMR, DMR etc.
- Antennas: dipole, Yagi, satellite antennas, and isotropic and antenna gain.
Getting the Data onto the Carrier Wave
- The job of Radio Modulation
- Modulation Techniques
- Forward Error Correction
- What do we mean by propagation
- Multipath and Fading
- How radio frequency affects propagation of signals
- Environmental, time & cyclical affects on propagation
- The importance of RF Planning
- What is involved?
- How is RF Planning performed?
- Licensed and unlicensed radio spectrum
- Transnational operational considerations
At the end of the course you will receive access to 2 years email support from our trainer, for any questions you may have.
For further information about the radio frequency communications course , please get in touch: +44 (01522) 740818
Course price: £995
Course duration: 1 day.