Radio Network Technician Apprenticeship is an exciting new level 3 training course.
The course is equivalent to an A-Level and is both theoretical and practical.
The role of radio network technician has a number of alternative names, which mean the same.
Alternative names for the role you will be trained in include:
Communications radio engineer
Radio network engineer
Radio network technician
Radio optimisation engineer
Wireless systems engineer
The radio network technician apprenticeship gives the apprentice the skills the wireless communications industry needs.
The skills you will learn during the apprenticeship, are as follows:-
- Operate the planning process including selection of appropriate equipment
- Select appropriate location as part the planning process
- Install or support installation of equipment and termination of cabling
- Install, or support the installation, positioning equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications, design detail and perform administrative tasks including installation reports and test results
- Identify the causes of issues relating to frequency re-use and other noise sources
- Prioritise, plan and organise work activity using a methodical approach
- Select the right frequency or code planning method for Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) in a given scenario
- Access and use the appropriate test system
- Report faults and use the appropriate escalation process
- Collate and input fault data and statements into the fault management system
- Rectify faults within own area of control or escalate as appropriate
- Utilise tools to review, audit and modify network element parameters
- Configure and maintain Internet Protocol (IP) based Radio Frequency (RF) telecommunications network
- Gather network performance information and user insight through feedback or user experience
- Implement procedures to enhance the performance of the network
- Analyse complex data, draw meaningful conclusions and understand commercial impact
- Use equipment and technology responsibly and effectively
- Locate and apply organisational security polices
- Arrange access to sites according to required procedure
- Create a written work plan & communicate plan to team members
- Use customer feedback to process, prioritise and resolve issues effectively
- Work in agile, multi-disciplinary delivery teams, taking a flexible, collaborative and pragmatic approach to delivering tasks
- Keep up to date with developments in technologies, trends and innovation using a range of sources
- Review own development needs
The list above may initially seem daunting, but will be divided into structured chunks, and delivered on an individual basis.