Things that the Internet of Things can measure around future ‘Wireless Smart Cities’ using low power wireless sensors:-
- Waste Management
- Wireless Smart Roads
- Smart Parking, ensuring best use of limited space.
- Structural Health, such as changes in length of bridge wires on a suspension bridge.
- Mapping Urban Noise pollution. This affects human quality of life, and can affect wildlife as well
- Smartphone detection.
- Electromagnetic Field Levels, caused by power lines, radio transmitters etc.
- Traffic congestion. Smarter traffic management solutions, based on real time data.
- Smart lighting, such as street lights that go off and one depending on whether they are actually needed at the time.
Spread the love